Whistleblower Policy: Reporting concerns, complaints, or violations and protection for whistleblowers
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation expects its directors, officers, and employees to act honestly and with integrity, in accordance with high ethical standards, and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and foundation policies in the conduct of their duties. The foundation is committed to facilitating open and honest communications in all matters pertaining to its governance, finances, and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies, and encourages the reporting of good faith concerns, complaints, and violations.
Any director, officer, or employee who violates or suspects any violation of the law, regulations, foundation policies, or accounting, auditing, and financial reporting controls must report such activity as soon as possible by submitting a report under this policy. It is important that the foundation be apprised about unlawful or improper behavior including, but not limited to, any of the following conduct:
- financial reporting that is intentionally misleading;
- improper or undocumented financial transactions;
- destroying or tampering with any record or document with the intent to obstruct a pending or contemplated audit, review or investigation;
- improper use of foundation assets;
- corruption or bribery;
- insider trading;
- payment for services or goods that are not rendered or delivered;
- violations of the foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy; and
- any other improper occurrence regarding cash, financial procedures, or financial reporting;
- other illegal activities.
For more information on our policy and reporting options, view our full Whistleblower Policy (PDF).