Performing Arts Grantseekers
Continuity and Engagement Grantseeker Guidelines
The Performing Arts Program accepts unsolicited Letters of Inquiry for its Continuity and Engagement grantmaking component. We will consider support for organizations or programs that ensure continuity and engagement in the performing arts by creating opportunities for individuals and communities throughout the Bay Area to participate in the arts.
We accept Letters of Inquiry from organizations or programs that meet all of the following criteria:
- Nonprofit arts organizations with a mission dedicated to the performing arts or other types of nonprofit organizations with a professionally managed performing arts program.
- For organizations organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) nonprofit status, we accept Letters of Inquiry from groups that have an established relationship with a fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations or programs with three years of producing or programming history.
- Organizations or programs with annual budget income and expenses of $100,000 or more (average over the past three years).
- Organizations or programs located in and serving any of the following eleven California counties:
- Contra Costa
- San Francisco
- San Mateo
- Santa Clara
- Santa Cruz
Preferences and Priorities
To help us support the diverse region we serve, we are particularly interested in receiving Letters of Inquiry from:
- Organizations serving historically underserved communities such as rural communities, people with disabilities, LGBTQ communities, low-income people, or communities of color.
- Community-based organizations that are deeply rooted in, reflective of, and governed by a specific and self-determining community. These communities may be defined by a shared identity, culture, and/or geography. Community-based organizations create and support artistic programs that emerge from their communities and contribute to larger social and civic goals.
- Community-based organizations with a mission that includes the arts or a professionally managed multidisciplinary arts programs with a budget over $100,000 are eligible to apply.
- Organizations or programs that are located in and serving central and eastern Alameda and Contra Costa counties, inland Monterey and Santa Cruz counties, and San Mateo and Solano counties.
For step-by-step instructions on how to submit a Letter of Inquiry click here.
To help you prepare for your Letter of Inquiry submission, click here to view the fields that you will be asked to complete.
Please note that you will not be able to save your Letter of Inquiry if you exit the system before submitting.